While 2011 didn't have the end result I was hoping for, all in all it was a good year. We took the boys to Disneyland, Zion's, St. George, and a multitude of camping trips. I do have some hopes for 2012 but I don't do resolutions, no need to disappoint myself if I don't follow through.
John and I are still so happy and we understand how fortunate we are to have a home and two healthy boys. We also realize how lucky we are to be married to someone, that we not only love, but actually like. It sounds cliched, but we really are best friends and love spending time together. How lucky are we to have found someone we each haven't gotten tired of after ten years? Sure, we go through ups and downs. Sometimes we annoy each other to no end, but for the most part we love being married. We're so different but we compliment each other so well. I never imagined being so happy spending day after day with the same person...I couldn't ask for more.
The boys are doing great. They get along better than I could have dreamed, although they do have arguments more often than they used to. They are both doing well in school and love the social aspect more than anything. I am so thankful for them, they are my greatest joy (and greatest challenge for that matter) and I could not imagine life without them. When they sleep at grandma's I miss them and cannot wait to pick them up in the morning. They are funny, sassy, smart, and bring so much life into our house. I love you boys!
Here's to hoping for a fabulous 2012!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment