Monday, May 7, 2012

Landon Soccer

Hmm, so what to say. Well, Landon was saying for months that he wanted to play soccer this year. So, we signed him up. We naively though that maybe he'd really get into and maybe he be good at it. Wrong. I'm not saying he's not good, but his attention span is short and all over the place. He occasionally kicks the ball and his entire face lights up, he forgets about the game and yells to us "I kicked the ball." We get this every single time he kicks it with a running total of exactly how many times he kicked it. It's pretty cute. At one point during his first game he threw his arms back, leaned forward and yelled "Run like Mario" then proceeded to sprint across the field until he caught his foot (have I ever mentioned what a klutz he is?) and fell on his face. He promptly got up and rejoined his team. Later in the game he was running with the crowd of kids after the ball and like a flock of birds they all turned and began running the other way....except Landon who continued running down field and when he reached the end the literally threw himself down and rolled into the goal. ????? Needless to say we're done signing him up for soccer until he's older. His mind is not in the game and I think the only reason he gets excited to go is for the post game treats. Go figure.



No comments: