I came to a harsh realization today...I am too old for tackle football. Yesterday we took the boys to the park and on his way out the door John grabbed his football. We started out tossing it back and forth while the boys rode bikes. After ten or so minutes the boys decided to join us so we split up to play touch football. Well, I couldn't leave it at that since part of the fun of having a husband so much taller/bigger than myself is being able to play rough with him. Well, sometimes he forgets I'm a girl and at one point he full on tackled me. I hit the ground just a like a falling tree. No grace whatsoever. I held tight to the ball so it came up and smacked my face. I couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry so I lay there laughing until I decided I wasn't dying. He got in a couple other good tackles, but that was by far the worse.
Today I woke up with an extremely sore neck and upper back, which has only gotten worse as they day's progressed. Owie! Not a good thing when I have a marathon in less than five days. Short of wearing lingerie while playing football I'm not sure how to help him remember I am a girl while he's running at me full bore. I have a feeling that with two growing boys this is the first of many pains. However, the game was a blast and it is well worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment