Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Trip to Disney Part One

On Sunday the 7th we woke up to finish the trek to California. Our first stop was at Bass Pro Shop where we got some pictures in front of their massive aquarium. Later, we decided to stop at Calico Ghost Town along the way...which I don't recommend. I'm not sad we did it, but it was overpriced and while it was interesting and we're glad we went, we won't be going again. It was a way of life I just couldn't imagine. I was hot and thirsty so that made it worse. We saw a gun show, walked through the mine, John took Landon on the train, the boys panned for gold, searched for nickels in a haystack, and we bought them soda's and a hotdog. They had a good time, but like I said it was an unfathomable lifestyle for me. If my husband had tried to drag me out there I would have jumped back on that horse and headed right on home.
The bottom is our hotel room. Our first room was a shoe box with hardly room to move, but we asked to be switch closer to my parent's and ended up with a huge room. No complaints, although we will never stay at Howard Johnson's again...things were a bit run down, nasty food, and a horrible shuttle schedule. Oh well, it was a place to crash at night. When we arrived in California and had checked in we went out for Mexican food then the boys just crashed. 
















No comments: