Friday, November 16, 2012

Morning sickness ugh.

7.5 weeks. This pregnancy has been kicking my behind. Today I feel really good, which would have me worried since all symptoms are pretty much gone, but I remember when I was pregnant with Landon I woke up around 8 weeks with my symptoms suddenly gone. I called my doctor and went in for blood work. Obviously everything was fine. Anyway, since I feel good I've decided to play catch up with my blog. My symptoms with this pregnancy are much more pronounced than they were with the other boys. I don't know if maybe I'm having a different gender, or if it's because every pregnancy is different. Either way I'm thankful not to be someone who is horribly sick for nine months. If that's what it took I'd happily endure, but I'm thankful that I'm only nauseous for a few weeks and then I'm good to go.
I've already started buying and making things for the baby. Obviously I don't know the gender so since I've had two boys already I'm leaning toward buying boyish things that would also work for a girl. John and I bought the baby a puffy vest for next winter from Nordstrom Rack...love puffy vests. Landon and I stopped by the fabric store yesterday and bought some pretty cotton fabric as well as minky to make a sweet little blanket for the baby. It turned out so well. I'm thinking of a gray nursery with either blue or pink accents depending on the gender. I also ordered this beautiful cherry wood rattle. It is made from reclaimed wood in Oregon. It is finished using beeswax and filled with copper bb's. Parents rave about how their babies love these so I'm excited. Over the past couple years I've gathered quite the collection of baby items and I cannot wait to put them to use!
We told the boys we're having a baby and at first they acted a little weird. I told John to let it sink in for a few minutes and now they are crazy excited. The night we told them we all went to the rack to find me something loose fitting for Thanksgiving so I don't give it away. For the next hour I had Carson's undivided attention. He went all over the story picking out tops for me and telling me when he didn't like the ones I had picked out. At one point he brought me a pretty blue top, handed it to me and said, "Wait, you'll need something to wear under it. I'll be right back!" He disappeared for about five minutes and came back with the perfect white tank to put under it. I was very impressed and that top ended up being my favorite. Good job Carse.
At one point he look around whispered "Don't tell anyone." then kissed my stomach and said "Hi baby!" and then he was off again. It was so sweet. Landon is every bit as excited as Carson. He loves babies and little kids and he's a very big helper. When he talks about the baby he always refers to it as OUR baby. "When our baby gets here...." I love it. He also refers to it as a she. Curious if he knows something, but when I ask him what he thinks it is he says boy. Maybe just because he is very anti girly stuff at the moment. Both the boys would love another brother. I wouldn't mind another boy. I feel like I'm a good mom to boys. We just click somehow. I "get" them and I adore them. No drama.
But like I said I truly do not have a preference. Just a healthy baby.


No comments: