Anna Mae offered to hold Thanksgiving at her house this year. I was a little hesitant since my mom makes THE best turkey hands down. Well, Anna did a pretty darn good job as well and the afternoon was just relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We soaked up every bit of peacefulness we could before heading out for our second meal with John's family. It's nice to see both families on the holiday, but even John agrees that it's just a circus! He never realized how loud and chaotic their parties were until he married into my family...at least now he understands why I had a very hard time adjusting to so many people. What a great holiday though!
MY NAME IS ANNALISA, I BELIEVE MY BLOG IS A FAIRLY ACCURATE REPRESENTATION OF WHO I AM. I HAVE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND THREE FANTASTIC BOYS. MY LIFE IS FAR FROM PERFECT BUT IT'S TRULY WONDERFUL!
Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Thanksgiving 2012
As always I got to make the Pumpkin Pies. I say got to, because I love it! And honestly, I make one heck of a pie crust...nope not even trying to be humble here. I made four pies. Brought three, kept one for us for the day after and boy did we gobble it down. I love having a big kitchen so I have plenty of room for my mess. To the right I had the crust mixing station. To the left closest to the camera I had the pie rolling and forming it in the pan station. Furthest on the right I had the filling mixing station. Did I set it up this way intentionally? Nope. I had planned to do all the crust mixing, then clean up. Then roll them all and put them in the pans, then clean up. Then make all the filling, then clean up. It just didn't happen that way so I ended up using all my counter space. I love Thanksgiving!!
Anna Mae offered to hold Thanksgiving at her house this year. I was a little hesitant since my mom makes THE best turkey hands down. Well, Anna did a pretty darn good job as well and the afternoon was just relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We soaked up every bit of peacefulness we could before heading out for our second meal with John's family. It's nice to see both families on the holiday, but even John agrees that it's just a circus! He never realized how loud and chaotic their parties were until he married into my family...at least now he understands why I had a very hard time adjusting to so many people. What a great holiday though!
Anna Mae offered to hold Thanksgiving at her house this year. I was a little hesitant since my mom makes THE best turkey hands down. Well, Anna did a pretty darn good job as well and the afternoon was just relaxing. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We soaked up every bit of peacefulness we could before heading out for our second meal with John's family. It's nice to see both families on the holiday, but even John agrees that it's just a circus! He never realized how loud and chaotic their parties were until he married into my family...at least now he understands why I had a very hard time adjusting to so many people. What a great holiday though!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh sweetie... If anyone understands the noise it is me! Why do you think I stay away. I love you and John. YOUR BOYS are so special to me. XOXO
Post a Comment