Sunday, December 16, 2012

Caron's "fake" Birthday

We celebrate the boys' birthday every year with my family, which usually happens on a Sunday. Since it isn't their actual birthday the boys call these parties their fake birthday. So for Carson's fake birthday he wanted Sloppy Joe's...I made what I think were some killer Sloppy Joe's, but being somehow (still) stuck in the throws of morning sickness and food aversions I could only take a few bites before realizing it just wouldn't happen. Everyone seemed to be happy and ate until I ran out of buns.
I woke up Sunday feeling like I wanted to make him some wonderful cupcakes for the party. I made (from scratch) chocolate cupcakes, chocolate ganache filling, peppermint icing, and drizzled each with chocolate glacage. Since I have shocked myself and developed an aversion to sweets I took one bite, thought it was too much and couldn't finish. John assured me they were great, but I just couldn't believe him. Well, Monday I tried again and realized they were pretty yummy and my non-pregnant self would have gobbled them up. And no, I'm not keeping weight under control by having an aversion to sweets since I am starving round the clock!
Carson was excited to have a party and was very excited to open his presents. He's such a good kid and pretends to be happy, even when he received My Little Pony trading cards as a gag gift. You'd never know he was disappointed. Happy Birthday big guy!




No comments: