When I had my ultrasound two weeks ago my doctor straight up told me that if I ever woke up worrying about the baby that I could just stop in and they'd let me listen to the heartbeat or give me an ultrasound.
Well I woke up this morning and since it has been two weeks since my last ultrasound I was worrying a bit. So what'd I do? Call the office to see if they preferred me to stop in at a certain time. I was told to come in whenever I wanted so I got dressed, hopped in the car and drove on up. Have I mentioned my doctor is only a mile away? In fact I can see the hospital from my back door which is lovely for all my appointments. My doctor is nearing retirement so he's only in a couple days a week, but his nurse was in and she quickly brought me back. I was tickled pink when, instead of pulling out the doppler, she flipped on the ultrasound machine. She found the baby right away and saw his little heart beating immediately. He's gotten so much bigger than he was two weeks ago. At first he was sleeping but the nurse said they usually wake up so she moved the wand around a bit and what do you know? The little guy woke up and was moving all over the place. Oh, he was sooo cute! I called John and he immediately regretted not leaving work to go with me. I thought they'd just use the doppler so I didn't ask him to come, I wasn't expecting an ultrasound! What a great peace of mind. The nurse commented on what a big grin I had on my face.
I threw the nurse off a bit when I kept calling the baby "he". Actually it throws everyone off. It's just habit I guess. I always say "my boys" I rarely if ever say "my kids" so if we happen to throw a girl into the mix I'm going to have some hard habits to break.
On the other hand I'm still feeling pretty lousy. We celebrated Mr. C's birthday yesterday and I felt awful!!! Everything tasted terrible to me, but John assured me everything was wonderful. I kind of stumbled to bed and when I fell in John asked what was wrong. I told him I feel so sick. I could hear a smile in his voice when he remarked how this pregnancy is kicking my butt. No kidding! It comes and goes though so at least it's not constant and besides, it's well worth it! Three weeks until we find out if this is a he or she. Can't wait!
2 comments:
Like!
I know we don't have the same doctor because mine is a "she", but I'm assuming you are going to the hospital on the hill? So am I! My doctor there has delivered 4 of my 5 (it will be 5 of 6 after this one) and I feel so confident about her that I drive the 50 minutes to get there every month! I'm glad your office treats you so well, and I'm sorry you are still feeling so lousy! I've started to feel better on some days, but others still aren't so good!
Post a Comment