Not sure why I titled this "update" seeing as there isn't much to update. I guess a more fitting title would be "ramblings".
I'm just over twelve weeks and the past two days I've felt more normal than I have in two months. I still have waves of nausea and I camped out on my bed for a couple hours this afternoon, but overall I don't feel quite so much like I'm coming down with the flu. Oh, I do have a lovely sore throat which I can't/won't do much about other than hot OJ. I figure it'll either work its way out or I'll talk to my doctor on Monday.
Yesterday a friend of mine stopped by with a Christmas present for us. I had told her months ago about the baby Go.Pod and how awesome I thought it was. It would fit our lifestyle perfectly, especially while camping, so I intended to buy it if I ever had another baby. Well, she remembered and decided to give me an early baby present. It was so much fun receiving something for the baby; I almost felt like this was my first. Since it is actually my third I don't expect anything, since people are not near as excited for baby #3 as they are for baby #1. Actually, I take that back. For the people who know what we've been through, there has been much excitement and tears so I guess I can't say there's not much excitement. And we're certainly excited! With Carson we were a bit more financially strapped, saving to put a down payment on our first home, but with this baby we can buy more of the luxury items we would've liked to have purchased with Carson. Fun, fun stuff.
My next appointment is Christmas Eve and it's always nice to get that reassurance that everything's okay. I'm slowly beginning to show so I sure hope that means everything's well. I'm trying to workout at least 4-5 days a week and it makes me feel so much better. I alternate between running/walking/hiking up my treadmill, strength training, and hundreds of wonderful squats...I LOVE squats. I just know I have gorgeous legs under the layers of fat :)
We find out boy or girl in less than two weeks and we are so excited. I'm excited just because it helps with bonding once I can picture a boy or girl and choose a name.
Last night we left the boys with my mom so we could go out and finish Christmas shopping. I think the boys'll be happy with what they're getting, but they certainly won't get everything they asked for-and I warned them of this ahead of time. I'm not raising spoiled, entitled brats, so they better get used to a little disappointment early on. Wow, that sounds harsh, but true. What happens when they're teenagers if I give them everything they want? They'll still be expecting everything, but the price tag on Christmas will quadruple. Typically there's one thing they want more than others so that's their main item and then I get them smaller, less expensive gifts from there. This year Carson was very specific on which Lego Stars Wars figures he wanted. Yoda, Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Super Battle Droid, Chewbacca, and Hans Solo. One seller sent me Plo Koon instead of Darth Vader and let me keep the wrong item to help rectify the situation. So he's getting an additional guy he didn't ask for, but I know he'll be happy about. He also wanted the $400 Death Star but yeah, not happening. So I searched out and purchased each figure individually and OUCH! These little guys carry a hefty price tags, but it'll be worth it to see how happy he is. I told him if he takes care of his figures he can sell them for more money when he's an adult. So far he rips his guys apart to make new guys...do you know how much I've spent on Lego figures in the past? ALOT! Hopefully now that he's older he gets it and will leave them assembled.
Landon wanted an ipad. Nope. He also wanted new Lego pads to build on so we bought him a Lego briefcase with little drawers and one huge pad to build on. He also got one of those Crayola light up things, and well, I can't remember what else. Everything's in the back of my car and I'm waiting for the boys to sleep tomorrow night so I can do some wrapping. He also wants an Easy Bake Oven but I'm still on the fence. Target was sold out, but I'd also like to wait until they come out with the unisex version next year. We'll see. If I find one when I'm out and about today I'll grab it.
I got John boring stuff, a new belt, new workout clothes, we bought a blu-ray player together, he bought me some new makeup and brushes from Sephora (my new favorite place to buy make up) and just little things. I tried to talk him into buying me new maternity clothes, especially skirts since all I have are dresses and I H.A.T.E dresses, but he says he'll get me those anyway so he's not wasting Christmas presents on maternity clothes...okaaay. I have the cutest maternity dress, John loved it when I pulled it out of the box last Saturday, but when I put it on Sunday morning he flat out told me I look awful and to not wear it...dresses just do not fit my personality at all.
In an hour I'll head out and buy present game presents and stocking stuffers for my three boys, I told John I want just Mangoes and Kiwi's in my stocking this year. I'm craving tropical fruits like no tomorrow. I have a pineapple sitting on my counter to make a health shake with tonight. Yum!
Well, I don't have much else to say. Just need to clean up my kitchen but my hot water line sprung a leak so I have no hot water in the kitchen until John replaces it tonight and I'm so grumpy when my house feels messy. I sure love having a handy husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment