At scouts a couple weeks ago Carson got a bottle of root beer. In the car on the way home he asked if we could have a party. I was having one of my "I'll be a good mommy" moments and said "sure." So two days later on Saturday we woke up and made a cake, which I let the boys decorate with blue frosting, and lots of miscellaneous sprinkles I had in the cabinet. The boys pulled out streamers and balloons and decided to decorate the house and hold the party in the playroom. When John got home from a side job we all headed upstairs to eat cake, rolls, root beer and ritz crackers. We lit a candle and sang "Happy Party to You" while we each took turns blowing it out. The boys were so excited I let them do this and it was a fantastic party! (I didn't even have to worry about the carpet since we're ripping it up soon.
After the party we headed to Park City for a little shopping and lunch, then came back and spent 3 hours at Scheel's playing on the playground, buying John new boots, eating ice cream, looking around, and some more play time on the playground. What a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment