Thirty two weeks! Wow, time is flying. I'm pretty uncomfortable at this point. Sleeping is almost something I dread. I wake up every single time I change positions. I'm so uncomfortable at night that almost I wish I could stay awake 24/7. It's tough not sleeping for the last couple months and then suddenly getting no sleep once the baby arrives. On the other hand I still have Jameson to myself for seven more weeks. I get to bond with him, feel his kicks, his hiccups, his rolls and I don't have to share him with anyone. Once he's born he belongs to the world, but for now, he is all mine. I wouldn't have it any other way.
The picture of our hands is just a picture I realized I wanted. John's hands are ginormous next to mine. He can curl the tips of his fingers over mine and loves to tell me how tiny my hands are. I love to tell him how freakishly huge his are. Yes, that's the kind of relationship we have. It's crazy to hold the hands of my boys and know that one day their little hands will dwarf mine. I love being married to someone so much bigger and taller than I am.
Now on to our weekend. It was wonderful. John took Carson to the Bee's game Friday night so Landon and I had the evening together at home. What a sweet kid. He wanted to play wii, and since it was a special night I caved. We spent the evening playing Mario and he loved it and loved the attention from me.
On Saturday morning we went out shopping for a blessing outfit, but John didn't like any that I had my eye on. Back to the drawing board. There's not a lot out there unless you want to dress your baby in one of those tacky all white, mini-tuxedos. Yuck. We're just casual people and that look will never fit my baby boys.
We also went out and bought our flowers and hanging baskets. I typically don't plant so early so I'm just hoping we don't have a frost. Planting day is such a happy day at our house. Everything is in bloom and our Lilacs are about to burst, and yeah, it's just a great time to be alive. John found and fixed a broken sprinkler pipe, we finally fertilized our lawn, which should hopefully look better than ever since we don't have a dog anymore. It was just a great day out in the yard. In the evening we left the boys and ran out for a quick bite to eat. We love the boys, but it's nice to have a half an hour to ourselves to talk and be a couple. We hold hands, talk about anything, sneak in a little tooshy squeeze. TMI I know, but hey, we've kept the spark alive for this long, let's not let it die out now.
We finished off the evening by going for a walk, where I was having strong Braxton hicks about every 2-3 minutes which told me I had over done it that day. Afterward we sat on the front porch, watching the sprinklers water our dying lawn, then we made sure the boys were in bed and headed downstairs to watch a movie. I couldn't stay awake (not like me at all) and I finally ditched John and stumbled up to bed.
On Sunday we woke up and ate breakfast while the boys slept. Oh sweet silence. We then went down so I could finish the movie. I tried my best to talk John into playing hooky from church and he finally agreed to leave after the first hour. We came home to thawed chicken I was planning to grill, but I just can't stomach plain chicken at the moment, so we ran out and bought a rack of ribs to grill. Oh they were so tasty with our hot rolls and cinnamon honey butter. Yum. We are such a carb-loving family. After we had eaten ice cream we decided to head south and check out the new factory outlet stores.
Carson is all about looking cool. (Doesn't get that from me) He really wants basketball shorts with sporty shirts. Our goal was to find him some clothes he'll feel cool in. Sooo, Nike outlet it was. He was so picky that he only ended up with one pair of shorts, and two shirts. Landon, much less picky, also picked out a new shirt. They're sleeveless so I don't know if they can wear them to school, so I told Carson to let me look into it and I'd let him know. John also found a Chiefs hoodie on clearance, while I just felt like a huge whale looking in the windows at all the cute clothes I won't be able to wear for at least a year, and watched as my overly sized bottom half had just a bit too much jiggle for my liking.
We stopped in an outdoorsy store and the salesman asked when I was due. I told him June to which he replied that I am almost done. I tilted my head, got a little smile on my face and sweetly said "You've never been pregnant have you." He laughed, and John laughed. I was wishing there was just one other woman in the store to back me up.
It was such a great weekend spent as a family. There is nothing like a beautiful Spring weekend with perfect weather where you can spend every minute outside and be perfectly happy.
1 comment:
I know how you feel when people say you are almost done!! :) I thought it myself when I was re-writing my erase board calendar for May, until I realized that my due date STILL wasn't on the board, and I had to fight back a wave of disappointment!
Your IVF experience is tough! I know you don't want people feeling bad for you, and I understand in some ways what you mean and why. Your experiences that you had to go through and the disappointment you experienced is heartbreaking, and I'm sorry you had to go through it. I know how hard it is when the "tough" thing doesn't go your way and you are left to have to deal with the outcome you hadn't planned for or wanted. It makes you grow and stretch, even though it hurts. I think you are strong and an amazing person! I'm so glad Jameson is going to be joining your family! Thanks for sharing your personal story; it helps me understand even just a tiny bit more some of the struggles some women have to go through and appreciate more some of things I take for granted at times!
Post a Comment