Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sunny Days!

Oh how I love the first warm days of early Summer! Our lilacs are in bloom and when our windows are open the slight breeze will bring the scent through into our living room. It is my favorite time of year. The boys are happy, with the lazy days of Summer just around the corner. Everything is just as it should be. Landon has three days off of school and has been busy playing outside. Yesterday we had kids at our house from 11-7pm and they all had such a great time. I was the mean one and wouldn't let them play inside so they had fun in the playhouse and running through sprinklers. I love hearing the kids outside playing nicely.
The sun was brutal, so before I let him play I rubbed him down with my homemade Sunblock from last year, which has been kept in the fridge. At one point I was worried it wasn't working, but when he woke up this morning with absolutely no sign of a sunburn I was elated. My homemade stuff is the best sunblock I've ever used! It's thick, takes a bit longer to apply, and leaves them with a slightly white tint, but IT WORKS! Now I'm scouring the internet for a good cloth diaper cream recipe for Jameson. We're trying a more natural approach with Jameson...all natural baby wash, lotions etc. We're going to try keeping him as chemical free as possible from the get go and just see how he performs in school compared with Carson and Landon, who have the attention span of a gnat (esp. Carson). We're just curious if it makes a difference. Remember when I said we'd cut out t.v. and video games? Well, we're noticing a difference so we've decided to keep it up. If they finish out the year strong they can have them back for the Summer, then we'll tackle the issue again in the Fall. Carson has ALWAYS had trouble focusing though. He's the sweetest boy, but if I'm not on top of him about every little thing he simply forgets. I sure hope he outgrows this or teenagedom is going to be a big struggle...for us both.
My mom and I went shopping and found Jameson's blessing outfit finally. Actually my mom found it and apparently it was exactly what John had in mind. He loves it. So now with his bedding being delivered tomorrow I can honestly say I am 100% ready for his arrival. I have clothing and swaddlers (soft Bamboo that my mom bought for him) down to nail clippers, lotions and infant Tylenol. Phew. My mind is at rest. The plan is to induce on the 24th of June. Not thrilled about the induction, but with my insurance year ending a few days after we want to deliver early so all the testing and bili-lights (if necessary) are covered by insurance. Stupid high deductible insurance plans. At least I'm not due in July, that would really be expensive.


1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...

you are invited to follow my blog