Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rocky Mouth Falls 6/19/13

I think the single thing I have missed most so far this summer has been camping and hiking. Oh how I miss it. Every time we smell smoke we are just itching to pack up and go out...problem is I know I wouldn't sleep and wouldn't be able to do any serious hiking. Well, I've been dying to get out so yesterday I called my mom and we took the boys on a hike up to Rocky Mouth Waterfall. It was a short hike, but it about killed me! I'm just not used to being so out of shape. The hike was beautiful and the waterfall was so gorgeous. It's in the watershed so technically we have to stay out of the water, which we tried to do, but the boys had to step in the water to get to the waterfall, as well as walking around. When we arrived there was a whole group of kids playing in the water, but they left shortly after. So while they didn't full on play in the water, we were watching the trail to make sure an officer or ranger didn't come up. Well, we lucked out because just as we headed down here came a police officer with her ticket book in hand to write tickets. Soon after passing her we passed a whole group headed up with towels...um, it is a watershed. Too bad because I'd have loved to stay there for hours and let the boys build dams and play in the water. Stupid watershed.
It was only about a mile round trip, but so great to get out of the house and do something moderately active. I'm already planning all sorts of hikes after Jameson's born. I forget sometimes that I may not feel up to it, but I typically feel pretty good about a week postpartum so I'm hoping....I have BIG plans for hiking, BIG. I've only ever had winter babies so I'm curious how it'll be having a warm weather baby and not being stuck inside for months. We did sell our trailer a few weeks ago since we figure we wouldn't use it much this summer and we're talking about maybe buying a full size again come August, but we really don't know. Initially we had planned to sell it and do more backpacking with the boys, but having a baby changes everything. We'll just wait to see how things evolve. I'm looking into more hikes around our house that we've never done and I'm learning there are several. Cannot wait. So thankful Jameson is due at the beginning of summer rather than the end.

My mom and the boys in front of a cave...too bad you can't see it.






Wearing one of John's cut-off shirts...SOOOOO comfortable.



No comments: