For the most part our first week home was relaxing and fun. On Monday night we were sitting in the living room when I heard someone on our front porch. I sent John out and he found our neighbors hanging a sign welcoming Jameson home on our window. It made me feel so good to know they were thinking of us.
We had a couple of fantastic meals brought in...and I mean fantastic. I totally need to step up my A game next time I bring a meal to someone.
We took Jameson out for shakes on Wednesday (my birthday) and out to lunch on Thursday. The boys spent Wednesday night at Holly's and I think Carson was a bit homesick. When we picked them up Thursday morning (Holly was planning on keeping them all day) Carson just said "Can we go home now?" After being with Grandma Marsha Saturday-Tuesday, then staying with Grandma Holly, he was ready to be home and I was more than ready to have the boys home. I missed them so much. John took them swimming Thursday afternoon while I hung out with Jameson while he was on the lights.
On Friday we bought snacks and headed up the canyon for some fishing. Jameson and I hung out in the shade while John and the boys fished. The only thing they ended up catching were tiny fish in a cup, but the boys had so much fun. John really wanted to spend some quality time with them during his week off. On Saturday we went to John's family reunion. Everyone was shocked to see us out and about with a week old baby, but I feel great and I can't stay inside too long or I go stir crazy. Tomorrow John heads back to work and while I wish he didn't have to, I know I'll feel more relaxed once we get into our new routine. It's silly but I'm already dreading school starting in the fall. It just seems like it will be so lonely around here. Landon made the comment that he wish he were Jameson so that I would walk him to and from school everyday since he won't have a brother to walk with. My Landon's a bit sappy just like me.
Jameson's cord fell off at five days old. Well, actually John caught it on the blanket and ripped it off accidentally. I was a little sad but it surprised me when John admitted it made him sad since it's just part of him leaving the newborn phase. That was the last bit of what connected him to me and it makes me a little sad to think that it's now gone. I'm so happy to have him here, but I feel panicky that the pregnancy went by so fast. I love being pregnant, but aside from that it scares me how quickly time passes. I just don't understand parents who can't wait for their kids to grow up and move out. That is just not us at all. We love having boys running around, getting so excited about potato bugs and snails. At least one day we'll have grand kids running around that we get to spoil even more than our own kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment