Tuesday, August 20, 2013

First Day(s) of School

I have to admit that thanks to my mom the words "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" keep running through my head. I was most definitely ready for school to start. Being pre-occupied with a baby has given boys a bit too much free time. We've been awesome at doing workbooks this summer, but that's about it. They have spent way too much time in the house and need more structure than I can provide at the moment.
The last week of summer we did pack in quite a bit however. Tuesday all their cousins came over and we walked for Slurpees. Wednesday we spent a day at the little reservoir with the same cousins, then headed to Park City to swim with our neighbors. Friday we spent hours playing in the water at Liberty Park, and Saturday we ran errands and had a BBQ with friends.
Carson's first day was Monday, while Landon didn't start until Tuesday. When Jameson and I walked into a quiet house this morning it was heavenly! It's just the two of us hanging out. No boys wrestling or begging for the ipad. Just us in a peaceful home. Now if the temperature would drop a bit so we could enjoy long walks in the morning life would be perfect.




No comments: