Thursday, November 14, 2013

They're Baaack

***I wrote this post about three weeks ago but decided to keep it private. Well, John witnessed the music turning on by itself when no one was in the room while Jameson was fussing. Since I now have someone to attest to the fact that I'm not losing it, I decided to post it. I'm not trying  to convince anyone of anything, but it is fun to read.
Let me begin by saying that I completely believe in ghosts, spirits, the supernatural, whatever you want to call it. There have been times I've been fully aware of a ghost or what have you, hanging around. Typically it's not too scary.
When I had moved back home in my early 20's I let the family dog sleep on a towel on my bedroom floor. Frequently on Sunday night/Monday morning the dog would wake me up. He would be growling, hair standing on end, at a certain spot in my room. It always occurred at 3am and was always the exact same spot. Always. It never happened at any other time with any other area of my room. Dogs can just sense something. 
We had a few instances in our condo, but nothing spectacular.
In our current house while we were remodeling I felt someone watching me and saw a little dark haired boy watching me from the corner of my eye. He disappeared and I haven't seen him since.
One of our first winter's in this house we didn't yet have a shed. It was beginning to rain/snow and John wanted to get his new lawn equipment out of the weather, so without thinking he put it down in the crawl space. I was upstairs at the time and smelled the strongest gas fumes. When I asked John why I was smelling gas his eyes got huge and he said "I put the mower and gas cans in the dirt room!" (What we call our crawl space) We flipped the switch to the furnace so we wouldn't have a huge burst of flames if it kicked on, and then immediately ran around opening windows. I told John to get under the house and open that window first. As I was frantically throwing open windows, John came to me with a strange look on his face and said "You haven't used the window under the house have you?" Obviously I told him no since that's spider territory. "Well, because it's already open." We had all the windows in our house replaced, and I had been under the house many times since and I would bet my life that the window was closed and we had never opened it before and haven't touched it since.
We know we were being watched over that day.
There hasn't been anything huge in recent years,other than toys in the playroom randomly going off or making noise during the day and night, but lately I've felt like someone is hanging around again and they have decided to make their presence known. It started on Tuesday. Jameson had woken up early. I fed him and as John was leaving for work he put him back to bed and turned his music on, which plays lullaby's and projects stars and moons on the ceiling. The music goes for a few minutes and then shuts off. After John had left, and long after the music had shut off, Jameson began fussing. I let him fuss, hoping he'd go back to sleep. After awhile he hadn't so I went in to get him and was surprised to see his music/projector on. No big deal, but I was a little weirded out.
Well, driving to school an hour later, suddenly I noticed I could hear the cars next to me so I looked over and the window had rolled down two or three inches. Strange since I know the window was completely up before. I only knew it had rolled down since the traffic was suddenly direct noise, rather than noise muffled through a closed window. Strange, but why would they roll down my window unless they wanted to make themselves known? And no, my hand did not touch the switch since I had my left hand on the wheel and was fiddling with a steel water bottle with my right hand.
Today Jameson was tired. I put him down, did NOT turn on his music, and he either fell asleep or just lay there quietly. I went down to the kitchen and was sitting at the counter reading. After thirty minutes or so he started fussing. I'm working really hard to get him to nap well, so I let him fuss. I went down and grabbed the laundry, he was still fussing. I sat back down to read, still fussing. The heater turned on, and being an old house it is loud, but I could still vaguely hear him over the noise. Suddenly I had the strongest sense that someone was watching me from the stairs so I whipped my head around, but no one was there. It was at that moment the heater shut off and I realized Jameson had suddenly stopped crying. My blood ran cold and my heart started pounding when I heard music coming from his bedroom. I walked up the stairs to check on him, kind of scared to open his door, and when I did his music/projector was playing away and he was sleeping soundly.
I'm not going to lie that I'm not just a little creeped out. I wonder who is hanging around and why. Apparently it's someone watching over Jameson. When Carson was a baby until about two years, I noticed someone hanging around quite a bit, but didn't notice it with Landon. It's just interesting. I just hope they don't freak me out at night since I'm home alone so often at night.
I guess what troubles me the most, is that starting several days ago Jameson began screaming out of nowhere. He'll be playing on the floor and suddenly scream frantically until he's picked up. Or he'll be in bed trying to fall asleep and being screaming. Or if I'm playing with him, he can be completely happy and smiling, then suddenly he'll look past me and get a strange look on his face. Not to mention he suddenly wants to cuddle all the time. On Tuesday, before I really started giving too much thought to someone hanging around, I mentioned to John that Jameson was acting different. Not just the random screaming, but he always wants me around. Suddenly he wants to cuddle a lot, especially when he's screaming and I pick him up. He won't even be tired, but he'll bury his head in my arms like he's just relieved. It sounds like typical baby behavior, but it's just not normal for Jameson and was such a drastic change so quickly. 
Now I can't stop listening for his music to turn on and I think I may just unplug Jameson's music so it can't turn itself on, or I guess be turned on by something. Sheesh. Now, if I unplug it and it turns on we'll be heading for the hills. :) I know some people roll their eyes, and my stories certainly aren't worth repeating, but it's just an odd feeling to feel like I'm being watched constantly.

1 comment:

Stephanie Williams said...

Totally believe you. Babies are extra sensitive too. When my Aunt Gladys died, right after Payton was born, Pay woke up screaming the minute she died and she had never woken up at the time of night before or since. 10 minutes later I got the phone call. Babies just know. Good luck, hope its a friendly one!