Friday, March 14, 2014

Parent Teacher

I can't be the only parent who feels relieved when parent teacher conference is over. Landon's teacher had nothing but positive things to say. I told her I can't believe how much he's not only learning, but actually retaining. She says he remembers everything and his voice is always heard and his hand shoots up whenever she asks a question. Sometimes she has to remind the other kids that "This isn't just Landon's class." He's doing great and I'm relieved. I was worried last year when he was such a goof in class. I guess when he's challenged and interested in what he's learning he has no trouble paying attention. She said by the end of the year he'll be quite a ways ahead in math...no surprise there.
Carson's teacher was also very positive. He said Carson is very popular in class and loves to raise his hand and make comments that has everyone laughing. If he gets the teacher to laugh it just encourages him more...just like his dad! He's doing great in literature. He is great at remembering past chapters in books they're reading and always raises his hand to give a summary of what they've read. Gulliver's Travels, Robin Hood, Treasure Island...Carson loves to read and loves the books they choose. He still loses focus, but instead of getting after him and embarrassing him like every previous teacher has done, his teacher simply taps his desk with two fingers as he walks by and it brings him right back. Carson has really stepped it up and is getting on top of his organization, and his paragraph writing is wonderful. I can tell he's really giving it everything and I'm so proud. His teacher gave me a list of missing assignments, and since I've become smarter and began taking pictures of all Carson's homework, all I had to do was go home and print off the missing assignments. The problem is not in Carson doing the work, but it just seems to disappear between home and class. I don't get it. Either way homework stress has lessened a bit since he's stepped it up. Big relief.
Summer is three short months away. Hooray!

No comments: