I have been wanting a full wall of cabinets in my laundry room ever since we bought this house NINE years ago. As far as financial priorities it just wasn't high on the list, so I made do with the old oak base cabinets I had and was grateful to at least have something. My house is pathetically low on storage space so I need every bit I can get. Anyway, John called me a few weeks ago, letting me know that they were replacing the one year old cabinets in the microbiology lab at work, and asked if I wanted him to grab some for the laundry room. Well, that was a no brainer so I told him to grab all he could fit...complete with Corian countertops. Two or three evenings spent working on it, and with a little help from my dad, it turned out fantastic! I love going in there, love sorting laundry, love organizing extra food in the cabinets, love the drying rack my dad had made that folds down, and love folding cloth diapers on the counter. Who could imagine doing laundry could lift my spirits?! Not me. Laundry is my most dreaded task. I am so thankful to have a handy husband...did I mention he almost didn't tell me about the cabinets because it would be just one more thing on his to-do list? Saved us a chunk of change and every time I walk in there I think of him. (Seriously)



No comments:
Post a Comment