This is a bit late, but we got term 5 report cards a couple weeks ago and I am very proud of my boys. They are both trying their best and are so on top of things. I'm super impressed with how far their organizational skills have come this year. Carson, being in 4th grade had some bad habits to break and it's been a bit tougher on him, but to compare now with eight months ago is a world of difference. Carson dissected a cow heart in science and thought it was the greatest thing ever. Landon just got 100% on his last math test so we went out to celebrate the other night. Actually I feel awful since L had to ask when we were going out. He just doesn't struggle in school so we take his good grades for granted, whereas Carson has to work extra hard in math and we celebrate so much when he does well. I'll have to be extra mindful from here on out to give equal credit. I want none of my children to feel second to another.
Thankfully school is almost out and it's a real struggle to stay focused. Even I've relaxed a bit so it should be interesting to see their final grades. At this point we're exhausted. This school is so intense that it's just zapped our brains and we all need a break.


No comments:
Post a Comment