Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas 2014

Just like every year, Christmas came and went way too fast. I love the Christmas season, and aside from finally giving the gifts I bought, I dread Christmas day...because that means that in less than 24 hours Christmas will be over and the doldrums of smoggy January set in. For Christmas Eve we went to my mom's for her annual Christmas Eve party, and (as usual) had a great time. On the drive out there John mentioned that it would be strange not to receive a gift from my grandma this year. Well, surprise surprise. She had completed her shopping before she died, so we were pleasantly surprised to receive her gifts. She used to always make the comment "this could be my last Christmas." We'd always roll our eyes and think 'Yeah, yeah, whatever." Well, I guess one Christmas it was bound to be true. She was definitely missed but receiving her gifts made it almost feel as if she were celebrating with us.
We spent the drive home looking for Santa and discussing roughly where he would be at the moment, and how much time the boys had to fall asleep before he would skip over our house. Carson knows the truth, but pretends he doesn't-let's face it, it's just more fun to believe. However, this was the first year he opted not to sit on Santa's lap.
Santa brought the three oldest males in the home Airsoft gear and guns...and boy were they excited! Thankfully I posted earlier about what they were all receiving so I can spare myself the work of trying to remember exactly what they received. John gave me a new camera lens, bag, kitchen gadgets, new pretty things from VS, running socks, running headbands, and some new running shoes I purchased early and began using immediately since my other shoes were toast.
We spent the day with my family...my mom gave us a carpet cleaner (how sad that I was so excited for it). Midday we celebrated a birthday in John's family, and just kind of bummed around the rest of the day. It ended much to soon and I am unusually excited for next year. Jameson was just his usual chill self.  He didn't seem overly stimulated, but loved his new Fly Bike. I'm so happy we have another little guy here to keep the excitement in Christmas.
Photos take last minute Christmas Eve before leaving for the party.
No matching jammies this year...for the first time ever. I just couldn't find any I was happy with.


Jameson loves opening the shutters to look outside. Snow on Christmas was such a fun surprise.
Presents and stockings by the tree Christmas Eve

No comments: