Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Junior High?!

This cannot be happening! My little black-haired baby, who was a little newborn just a couple years ago (or so it seems) had his first day of Junior High today! Wowsers. I was so nervous for him. We walked around the school yesterday and found all his classes, which helped him relax a bit.
When I walked him up to the door this morning he told me he wasn't nervous anymore, just excited. As we were walking, a friend of his was up ahead. I told Carson to run and catch him and asked if he wanted me to leave him here. "Yes please." I wasn't about to just give him a hug in front of his friends...don't want to ruin his reputation now. So I followed his lead and about cried when he gave me a big hug before he ran off. Such a big kid now...who still loves him mom.
Landon, Jameson and I all walked to pick him up and I was so relieved when he came out with a big grin on his face. He'd had a great day and is so excited for Junior High-he especially loves the extra freedom that comes with middle school.
Here's to a great first day and positive year!


He specifically wanted a picture to remember his shoes. I found a great deal on line and lucked out that they actually fit.

No comments: