This was my first year ever hosting Christmas Eve and I LOVED it! In fact John and I loved it so much that we are already planning on doing it again next year. I grew up going to Grandma Betty's for Christmas Eve and it has never felt the same since she quit hosting as she got older. I think everyone feels a bit nostalgic for the Christmases they experienced growing up, and I am no different. Every year on the 23rd Lacie and I would sleep at grandma's in order to help her prepare for the party Christmas Eve. It was so much fun and the thing I looked forward to most every year. Christmas morning we'd open presents and my mom would host a big breakfast with her family. Oh, it was so much fun.
When my grandma passed the torch to my mom, it was a lot of work for her to do both Christmas Eve and Christmas breakfast. Sooo, now that I'm finally an adult I decided to take on some of the fun responsibility and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
My family all came, plus Anna Mae's family and Grandpa Earl. It was quite the crowd for my little house, but it felt festive and cozy. So. Much. Fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment