John and I have had countless discussions on tearing out the ugly concrete patio in our backyard and installing pavers. We had planned to do it on our own several years from now. However, we were presented with the opportunity to have it professionally done and we decided to jump in with both feet. Actually, that's not entirely accurate. We were in the discussion phase...and I was trying to process the cost and amount of work involved. Before I was ready, John come home with a jackhammer and proceeded to bust out the patio. I literally felt sick to my stomach. I felt even sicker when I found out what it would cost, and John refused to cut corners (which I am thankful for now...) It took me awhile to get excited, but when I began thinking how we're most likely staying here forever, plus we spend a lot of time in the backyard, I knew I would be glad we had it done. The idea of having it be a peaceful escape from the world was becoming a reality.
These photos are the beginning. We did the prep work ourselves and saved a HUGE chunk of change, but boy was it hard work!!!!!! It took several weeks. We started just before Labor Day and they began installing the patio early/mid October.










No comments:
Post a Comment