No, I do not intend to post a play by play of each week, but I feel like the first week was a biggie. It felt overwhelming at times, but I am staying super organized with my planner-and it clearly will be my lifeline throughout this process. My mom is absolutely fantastic, and there is no way I can explain how much I appreciate her taking J to school and playing with him while I'm gone. I just don't know that I could focus if he had to go to a sitter.
John has been incredible. He helps the boys stay on task, and ensures the laundry is put away each day, and the kitchen is clean before bed. He keeps the boys entertained so I can focus on studying, he's even reading Harry Potter with them every single night, oh how I'd love it if they began to like HP. How could I do it without his support? This next couple years will take a huge toll on him since he's taking on so much more responsibility at work and at home, but knowing there's an end in sight makes it feel doable.
I currently have only two days of lecture, which means five days of studying. I worried about how it would go with little J home, but he is by my side every second. He has papers he's taped together and calls them his planner. He uses stickers, LOTS of tape, and cuts, rips, and draws all over these pages. Every morning he heads to the office with me and says "I have to study. Can you give me some supplies?" So I look around for something to keep him entertained, and no joke, he hangs out with me all day. Occasionally he brings in some toys, but for the most part he just wants to be with me. Sometimes he'll pull in an extra chair, or he'll hang out on the bench, squeeze in next to me, or even sit on my lap. I love it. I do feel bad we're not getting out (and Spring/Summer will be really trying) but at least he doesn't feel neglected. I've even tried to entertain him with cartoons, but he's simply not interested. I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but he's just so much fun to have around. On Friday he was so tired I found him laying on the floor just about asleep.
I feel I have a good grasp so far, but am terrified because each day I'm thrown an INSANE amount of information-and can't forget what I've learned previously. I'm a crammer and knowing I can't do that takes some serious de-programming. Literally I'm taking it week by week because when I look ahead at the syllabus for each class my anxiety goes through the roof. So the fact that week one went by so quickly absolutely thrills me! I have three quizzes this week, and looking ahead, that's a light week in comparison. OUCH! Like I said, one week at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment