Carson's end of year programs was cute. I video-ed a bit of it and snapped a few pictures. They sang songs they learned throughout the year, including their school song. When they get to the line "we are the hope of tomorrow" I get a little choked up. He's my baby and to think of him growing up makes me a little sad. I hate it when they put up the banner "Class of 2022" To think of him graduating and starting a life where I am not one of the key players makes me teary eyed. Moving and and moving on is what he'll need to do someday, but for now I just don't need any reminders. For now he's my 7 year old little boy who loves Star Wars Legos and Sponge Bob. Let's just leave at that please.
After the program we went to his classroom and watched a slide show of the entire year and I couldn't believe how quickly the year passed. I love sending him off to school everyday, watching him walk down the street to meet up with his friends. I love sitting down to read every afternoon when he comes home, and I love climbing in bed to cuddle with him. All too soon he won't want me to kiss him goodbye in the mornings, or read with him, or cuddle with him. *gulp* I need my life to be on DVR so I can just pause and rewind when I see fit. Already they are heads above the kindergartners and look like it's been years since they were so small. Love you little man.
No comments:
Post a Comment