Friday, July 15, 2011

End of year programs.

Carson's school does a big fundraiser for new computers each Spring. They call it the Grand Event. Iceburg comes and sells their burgers, there are all sorts of activities, a silent auction, and each of the grades take a turn performing. Carson climbed up on the bleachers and seemed less than enthusiastic while they waited to begin. As his mom I just knew something was not right. I kept my eye on him and by the second song I could see the panic in his eyes...he had to go potty!!! Immediately I had John run behind, grab him and get him to the bathroom before he humiliated himself. That would have been something he never would have let go of. Thankfully John ran quick and Carson was back up on the bleachers for the last song. He was cute, but I do have to admit that by the end of the school year he had developed quite an attitude. I don't stand for it, but I sometimes wonder what happened to my sweet little baby. Oh, that's right...public school. I knew it would happen, I just hoped it wouldn't. When other kids aren't around the sweet little boy who likes to watch Care Bears and play with Landon's trains comes out, but when his friends are around he would never admit to liking "baby shows." So sad.


Landon's end of year program was quite entertaining. Landon fully understood that this was the official beginning of his summer and he was wired! He was so enthusiastic during his performance that his teacher kept trying to calm him down. There is a reason I'm not sending him to this preschool next year. He hasn't learned much (aside from what I've taught him) and his teacher wants quiet little robots. He wasn't out of line, just very happy and excited. He's a good kid whose mind is always running. Most people seem to overly love his personality, but I think the ones that don't just keep quiet. All I can say is hopefully he has a teacher who appreciate personality because Landon has personality gushing out his ears. He has so much to say and just needs someone who knows how to listen and encourage him, but also keep him focused. I am thoroughly enjoying my little Bubrito before he enters public school!


I also just have to point out how tall Landon is. He is a full head above the other kids his age. Funny, because he looks like me, but has John's height.


No comments: