Friday, July 15, 2011

Little Cottonwood May 7, 2011

This summer we have a goal of staying active and getting the boys outside. We are determined they will not waste their summer playing video games and tv...except when mom needs a bread, of course. So Saturday afternoon we found ourselves in need of entertainment so we piled the boys in the care and drove up the canyon. One thing I love about our location is how close we are to the mountains. The river was running incredibly fast so we had to keep a close eye on the boys, but overall it was a good time. Funny how kids can be entertained for hours simply throwing rocks in the water. They love to pick out the biggest rock they (or John) can carry and see how big of a splash they can make. At one point a ranger yelled at us to keep the boys away from the water. This upset Carson because he thought we were in trouble but I had to explain that it's his job to keep us safe, plus he had to yell since he was on the opposite side of the river and wouldn't be heard otherwise.
Funny, because even though I know he was just doing his job it still irritated me. I am their mom and I can keep them safe. Funny how we can be offended so easily when we feel someone is questioning our quality of parenting. Basically we just told the ranger "okay" and went right back to what we were doing. We didn't allow the boys to even touch the water so I felt we were being very safe as it was. Oh, fiddle dee dee. What a great way to spend a warm Spring evening.












No comments: