We took a camping trip out west with family in June. Let me tell you how nice it was to finally have some warm weather. It was a very relaxed trip. We played, rode 4-wheelers, but mostly sat around and read or talked while the kids played. We had a little accident on Saturday night, people had been throwing plastic water bottles and utensils in the fire pit all day long (literally a pile of them.) That evening Landon was standing next the the fire when it popped. He screamed and screamed, until I finally realized it wasn't a little pain from a hot ember. I had seen something hit his hand so I grabbed him and ran him over to the cooler where I plunged his hand into the ice water to stop the burn....and still he screamed. Then I saw it. His poor little face. I saw something black near his chin and pulled it off...except it was that damn plastic so I pealed his skin off. It was terrible and traumatizing. He also had melted plastic on his hand that I decided to leave alone. He cried and I felt helpless. Finally I used the bath tub my my parent's trailer and put some toys in it, which calmed him down and made him so happy. Landon has always had an incredible tolerance for pain so from then out when it would hurt he would just quietly say ow, ow, ow, while gritting his teeth. Now two months later he still has scars and I'm sure they'll shrink with time but I doubt they'll fully go away. When we got home I went shopping and stocked up our first aid kit with just about anything we'll ever need camping. Lesson learned. It's crazy how quickly things can happen. After we were home and I was doing laundry I realized how serious it could have been. His little shirt was covered in melted plastic. Whenever we go camping now we make sure to remind people not to throw plastic in the fire...Landon is actually best at reminding people. He won't let anyone so much as throw a plastic candy wrapper in the fire pit. Aside from the incident, it felt so great to be out.
 |
| One of the boys' favorite things in the whole world is for John to throw them up. He throws them so high it makes me nervous. |
 |
| Another of Landon. John tell me I caught them on the way down so the pictures don't show how high they really go. |
 |
| Carson's getting a bit too big, so it hurts when John catches him. |
 |
| This is MY chair, but Landon claims it for his own. He absolutely loves to hang out in this chair. We have two a green and blue, but he insists on the green. |
 |
| Our set up. Have I mentioned how much we love our E3?! |
 |
| My dad with Carson. |
 |
| This was the first time we'd used the canopy and it was wonderful. |
 |
| The kids spent hours climbing trees. |
 |
| My mom and Mr.C. |
No comments:
Post a Comment