Spring was really strange this year. We'd have a nice day here and there, but for the most part it was windy, chilly and rainy. Well, the day we picked to go uptown was more than just chilly, it was downright COLD! We were bundled more than was appropriate for the end of May, and it still wasn't enough.
Originally our plan was to ride the train, but we realized that with a Prius it was cheaper to drive. So we did. We parked at Gateway and let the boys play around the fountain for awhile then walked to the trax station to wait for the next train. I had a hunch and decided to check the schedule, and what do you know? The trains were not running on Memorial Day. HA! So we walked to Temple Square where we were immediately bombarded by missionary's who tried their darndest to get phone numbers out of us, finally after being stuck (literally it was awful) we got away and decided to run-not walk, away from there. At first I didn't mind a little friendly conversation, but my goodness. I want to enjoy a day with my family, not try to convert every non-member I know. They felt like high pressure sales-women and we really were so annoyed.
We walked around the old Hotel Utah, looking at old photographs and asking questions about original aspects that hadn't been changed much, and watched the latest movie. Afterward we slowly walked up and down the street and ended up at the food court eating lovely Panda. It was such a relaxing, enjoyable day...other than the bitter cold.
 |
| I love this picture of Bubrito. |
 |
| Notice the flip-flops? I'm such a goo mom. Carson loves water fountains. |
 |
| Didn't know John had snapped this until now. |
 |
| View from the top floor. Beatiful...until you look too far out west. |
|
 |
| Top floor of Hotel Utah. |
 |
| My boys. |
 |
| ALL of my boys. |
 |
| Us-Carson's not bad with a camera. |
 |
| Don't let the sunshine and tulips fool you, it was NOT that warm! |
 |
| Gorgeous! |
No comments:
Post a Comment