I've said it before and I'll say it a million times more before my kids are grown...but where has the time gone?! Second grade?!
Carson was so excited to start school this year. All three of his friends happened to be in his class and he couldn't have been happier. Usually I dread the beginning of school but Carson was ready and I was ready. It felt great to get up this morning and get back into our school year routine. Wake up, go potty, make beds, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush teeth, run out the door. Carson has the routine down pretty well.
Typically on the first day I dress him in pants and shoes, but I this year I got smarter. I realized it was just waaay too hot and there is no way I'd wear that many clothes so why would I make him go to school and sweat to death on the playground? So he wore his new sandals, new shirt and some shorts I bought during the summer. He loves his shirt. In fact I don't think how I can accurately put into words how much he loves that shirt and how "cool" he feels in it. It is a guitar that kind of branches into a tree at the top. He was also very particular about his hair and wanted it gelled and spike up just a bit at the front. I did my best.
Naturally I walked him to school this morning and he was so excited. We arrived at school just before the bell rang so all the kids were already lined up. Carson's hand relaxed in mine and I told him he didn't need to hold my hand if it embarrassed him...so he let go. Funny because in a couple more days he'll hold my hand, hug, and kiss me in front of his class and he won't be embarrassed at all. Guess it's just the first days jitters.
After we dropped on Carson we walked home, got Landon's bike and headed to the park so he can practice. A few weeks ago we took off his training wheels and he's got it down. The only thing he can't do is start by himself, but it'll come with time. He rode all over the park, around and around and around. Living so close to the park is about my favorite thing about living where I do. We spend so much time there and it is wonderful not to have to drive there. Landon has commented at least three times "Mom, we're having so much fun without Carson!" Not that he's happy Carson is at school, but he is relating to the fact that Carson gave us strict instructions not to do anything fun while he is at school. I think Landon has enjoyed having me to himself all morning. Right now he's out playing with cars in the sandbox...with no big brother to interfere. Now we just need Landon to start pre-school. He's just going to the high school this year and he couldn't be more excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment