Once again, on Labor Day weekend we headed to Fruitland for John's annual family campout. We actually went up Thursday because John just needed a break from work. On Friday we took the kids fishing, Saturday we went to Starvation, Sunday we drove to Strawberry Pinnacles for a bit more fishing, and Monday we packed up and drove home. As always I was so happy to have our trailer. The nights were cold and I need a place to get away when the stress of so many people gets to me.
 |
| On Friday we went fishing in a river with the boys. We didn't have any luck, and yes, I wholeheartedly believe fishing is more about luck than skill. (I always say this to tease John) |
 |
| Such a goof! |
 |
| Playing in the sand at Starvation. |
 |
| The water was actually pretty chilly but once you got in it didn't take too long to acclimate. |
 |
| John just chillin' in our reclining chairs. It was the most beautiful/ perfect day! I wished we were camping here instead. |
 |
| Carson throwing rocks in the river at the Pinnacles. |
 |
| I don't know what to do with this little guy, he's goofier than Carson was at this age. I think I see many, many notes home from teacher's in his future. |
 |
| Wow, did my boys need haircuts or what?! I was actually trying out the shag look for awhile. It looked cute when their hair was done, but we all know that about an hour after doing their hair they look like little homeless boys again. |
 |
| The river was high and fast for September, but the boys wanted to go in so John held onto them for dear life and dunked them in. They got a huge kick out of it. |
 |
| Carson was most nervous. |
 |
| John and his dad ran down to Heber Friday morning and John brought me back roses. I took this as they were on their last leg. I had to cut them way down to stand them up in the cup. He's such a great husband! |
 |
| A random picture of some pillowcases I made for our bed. They match the colors in our room perfectly and I LOVE them! |
 |
| The "couch" in our trailer. I spent a huge chunk of time laying on the couch with a couple pillows, reading. Love my own space. |
 |
| So sweet. For as crazy as they can drive me during the day, I sure love to watch them sleep. They look so innocent. |
 |
| A picture of the cabin, our trailer, and everyone's tents. This is Monday as everyone was packing up. |
 |
| Landon loves climbing the rocks. He still young enough that I won't let him go without an adult. |
 |
| Zipline-where the kids spent the majority of their days. |
 |
| Ahhh! I actually took to calling him Fluffy since his hair was so long and-well, fluffy. |
No comments:
Post a Comment