Landon is something else. He has a memory like I can't believe. His amazing memory is good and bad. Good because he remembers everything. Bad because he remembers everything, which means I cannot make any half-hearted promises I don't fully intend to keep. The one part of his memory that absolutely stinks is remembering where he puts things. He can put something down and two minutes later not have the slightest idea where he put it.
Anyway, last summer Landon and I went shopping for one of our camping trips...I think it was for a June camping trip. He asked for Caramel Marshmallows, which sound disgusting, but it makes him so happy to choose what he wants. Long story short, we got home and I had no marshmallows. I questioned Landon and he had no idea what happened to them.
Fast forward to today. I picked up Landon from preschool. He handed me his backpack to see his papers. I noticed a funny smell. I thought maybe there was an old sandwich or something in there. Nothing. So I checked the front pocket and noticed it was fat and fluffy. Guess what I found? Yup! The missing marshmallows. I KNEW I had paid for them, but I thought I was losing it and had put them back on the shelf. They're a little dry,they just expired two days ago, but the caramel smell is really strong. Yuck. Landon's happy as can be with his bag of old marshmallow though. I love this kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment