Saturday, September 24, 2011

Stress

Life is stressful. Life is also good, but very overwhelming right now. We have so much going on I can't think straight and I haven't had a decent night's sleep in nearly two months. As much as I don't want to miss living, part of me wishes I could just fast forward life about two or three months ahead to see the outcome of a big decision we've made. I am so lucky to have John with me every step of the way. He is so supportive, especially with my mood swings (due to lack of sleep). Every once in awhile he says a typical "guy thing" and I'm not one of those women who let's it go. If he says something thoughtless or insensitive I make sure he knows it.. Usually he knows when he's put his foot in his mouth as soon as he's done it, but other times he runs his dumb comment past his co-workers and by their reaction he can tell just how upset I am at what he's said. He's quick to apologize when he's in the wrong and is willing to forgive when it's my turn to shove my foot in my mouth. Overall though, I have no complaints. He is a fantastic husband-which I have to give credit to him growing up with eight sisters. Sometimes I can't help but compare him to other husbands around me and wow, as much as I hate to say it, many of them act as a big reminder to me of just how great John is. He loves to be home with his family, he hates to leave us, and is disappointed when I'm not around when he gets home. We meet for lunch every week just to be together and we cuddle at night after the boys are in bed. We are coming up on our nine year anniversary in two weeks and I can honestly say we love each other more than the day we got married and are happier than we ever imagined. Our life is nowhere near perfection, in fact I'd say we've had our fair share downs when nothing could go right for us, but boy, I sure am glad we're in it together.

No comments: