Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve Day

I'm exhausted. We're all exhausted. Last night I woke up at some ungodly hour to hear Carson lying in bed saying "Ow ow ow owie, ow ow ow..." I called out and asked what was wrong. He told me his throat hurt. In my exhausted state I groaned, told him there wasn't much I could do and that I'd give him hot orange juice in the morning. Well, I dozed back off but again heard Carson saying his owie chant. When I asked if he was okay he climbed out of bed and started crying. He walked into my room and said his throat really hurt. I tried the easy fix and told him to get his pillow and blanket to sleep on my floor. Didn't work. Awhile later he woke me again saying his ear and head hurt. I pushed John out of bed and told him to get the Tylenol and told Carson I'd take him to the doctor in the morning. After dozing off again Carson informs me he doesn't want to wait and wants to go now. I convinced him to wait until morning and I fell back asleep. Not too much later Landon comes in crying because he had a nightmare. I asked him what it was about but he didn't want to talk about it. Sooo, I had him get his blanket and pillow and sleep on the other side of the floor. I once again fell back asleep. Bright and early Carson is standing next to me, poking my side to inform me he wants to go to the doctor now because he didn't sleep all night. I sent him to watch cartoons while I finished waking up. I finally pulled myself out of bed, grabbed one of John's sweatshirts, my jeans with holes and brushed my teeth. We got to Instacare before they opened...luckily I thought they opened at 8 rather than nine because if we hadn't arrived until nine we would have had the longest wait. I would rather wait out in the fresh cold air for them to open than wait in a waiting room full of sick people. The number of people filing into the waiting room was insane. Really, it was NUTS! They only had one doctor on staff because they were expecting a slow day. Ha! I've never seen so many people at Instacare We were seen quickly and Carson has a raging ear infection, a headache from the congestion and a wheezing chest. It was all fixed with one stop to the pharmacy. Amoxicillin for the infection, Tylenol for the headache, and an expectorant for his congestion. After drugging him up real well he's doing great and I'm about to put both boys down for a pre-party nap.
Last night Carson decided he wanted to take his own money to buy presents for everyone...even extended family. John took him out and let Carson pick out whatever he thought the perfect gift was. Some of them make me chuckle, but Carson is more excited to give his gifts than I've ever seen him. He is really being so cute. Landon bought John two candy bars and Carson a pack of 3x5 cards with his own money, but wasn't really into it so we didn't force the issue. I just hope he doesn't feel bad on Christmas when he doesn't have a present to give me.
Here is what Carson bought:
Grandma and Grandpa: Palmolive dishsoap
Tyson and Mavell: rated R movie from the dollar store, Silver City I think it's called.
Preston: Chocolate Santas
Gina: A candle
Rhett: Licorice
Coen: a velvet coloring picture
Landon: matchbox cars
John: microwave popcorn
Me: I *think* shampoo
Grandma Betty: 30 cents in change and a candy cane.

Carson put so much thought into his gifts and he is sure he bought everyone the perfect present. Whatever he gives me will be my favorite just because there is so much heart that comes with it. Can't they stay young and sweet forever? Their excitement is what I'll miss about the holidays when they're older.

No comments: