Thursday, March 15, 2012

A day with Landon

Today was gorgeous! It was the kind of beautiful sunny day that just lifts my spirits and reminds me that summer is just around the corner. So what did I do? Yard work! I typically don't start yard work quite this early but I got a big jump on those weeds and puts tons of Preen down to (hopefully) stop those little buggers from germinating.
I don't know if I've mentioned before how hard of a worker Landon is. Not that he always likes it, but he truly is a big help for me. For instance a few weeks ago he disappeared and them came waltzing in the back door a few minutes later. He informed me he brought in the garbage cans for me since he knew the garbage man had come already...who does this? The next day I was cleaning and while I was downstairs I grabbed a new pack of toilet paper and tossed it in the upstairs hallway. Later, when I went to put the toilet paper on the holder (it holds like 5 or 6 rolls) it was gone. Come to find out Landon had seen the paper sitting there so he unpacked it and put it away for me. Once again...what five year old does this without being asked?! He's something else.
Today I was weeding and Landon was out picking weeds for me. He said "I wish dad was here to help with weeds. That he didn't have to work and money fell from the sky and Sunny just pooped out money." Hey, sounds great to me.
After weeding I decided to take him to 7-11 (along with my mom) for a Slurpee. I told him to wait a minute so I could put some make up on. "Oh mom, you don't need makeup. You're pretty without it." Awww. He must listen to John, although I respectfully disagree with them both.
I'm enjoying my time with Landon, but he needs more social interaction than I provide him with. He needs friends everyday and I just don't enjoy having other kids over that much. However, when the weather is nice I send him out with only two rules; 1-no friends in the house 2-stay out of the road. These first days of Spring are always so lovely. Did I mention how great it was to have my mom walk with me to 7-11? It is so great that she's beginning to feel better.
Oh, and one more thing. After the boys were in bed Carson yelled "Mom" what "I love you!" Oh how I love hearing that!

No comments: