Carson has always doubted the truthfulness of a mysterious Leprechaun who visits our house while we are home....this year he made it very clear he knows I am the Leprechaun. Fine. If he knows the truth then he can distract Landon while I put our the Sprite and gold coins. Why sprite? Well, last year I procrastinated and by the time I got around to it the gold coins were sold out and I couldn't find any green bug juice to take the label off of and pretend it was Leprechaun Juice, so I grabbed some gold wrapped Hershey bars and Sprite. Landon distinctly remembers the Sprite and while I had purchased the gold coins weeks before I hadn't bought Sprite. Friday night he made the comment that he couldn't wait for the Leprechaun (I'm tired of typing out Leprechaun so from here on out I will call him little guy) to leave him gold and Sprite. John was at the youth home Friday night so I called and asked him to grab Sprite on the way home and hide it in the cabinet.
Landon woke up so excited for the little guy but I told him he may not come. Not everyone gets visited by the little guy. He was sooo disappointed. So to reassure him I told him we have a good chance since the little guy likes to visit homes with boys.
So what do you know...after climbing the boys were playing in the playroom when we heard a noise. The boys darted out of the playroom and ran downstairs to find the little guy had left chocolate and Sprite! Landon couldn't have been happier, and Carson felt very grown up to be included in the secret.
No comments:
Post a Comment