So I've gotten a little behind...oh well, I'll just play a little catch up.
I woke up early and ran my virtual 5k in 28:46 I think, so 9 seconds faster than the previous week. Just as I was finishing John came in to watch me run for a minute-which make me stand a little straighter and run a little faster. He went to do more sheet rock while I showered and hung out at my mom's watching Drop Dead Diva until John came to grab us to go home.
We are mowing a lawn for a someone we know (knew? since he's dead) anyway so we packed up the equipment and headed out to mow the lawn. Let me say that this house has the most fantastic greenhouse in the backyard. In fact, I want the house purely for the greenhouse. Anyway, I mow, John trims, edges and blows, while the boys have a ball playing with sticks, dirt, bugs, whatever they happen to find.
Afterward we decided it was donut time so we walked down to 7-11, which has the best Apple Fritters EVER. While eating our donuts, we decided we needed to eat, so we headed down toward Subway...while still munching our treats. After we ate, we were walking past the movie theater and decided to walk over and see what was playing. Big Miracle started in an hour so we bought four tickets. Naturally, we can't see a movie without treats, so we walked to the dollar store and loaded up on candy. Once in the theater, although we were already stuffed to the max, we could resist the buttery popcorn, so we bought a large Coke and popcorn and settled in for the movie. It was dark and can be by the time we got out and we didn't see another soul on the walk home, but it was great. We had the best day. Really, Saturday's are our family day and we always try to get out and have fun. This day was no exception. If felt so great to have warm weather so we could comfortably walk rather than drive everywhere.
No comments:
Post a Comment