So Saturday was not the best day to run. For some reason the club was only running 10 miles, super short for a training run, but perfect for my schedule that day. John had to leave for work at 8 and I figured I would easily be back by then. We started a few minutes late and for the first few miles I was running fast. I mean, I was leading the entire group. Okay, let's be honest for a minute; if the genuinely fast runner's had shown up I would never be in the lead, but as it was it was a huge ego boost. Anyway, I had to go potty. Stopped at a nasty, disgusting, revolting gas station where I spent a good minute or two just lining the seat with toilet paper, then got back out. No longer was I in front. No biggie. I stopped for a quick drink of water and took off, determined to regain my position. Well, I guess I was pushing it too hard because my nose starting gushing. I wasn't going to stop so I kept my head up, hoping the next two miles until the next sag would pass quickly. I'm sure I got some strange looks from passing cars, but I didn't dare move my head. I had blood all over the lower half of my face, all over my hands and down my singlet and shorts. Man, I was looking good! At the next sag I cleaned up a bit, trying to ignore the concerns of fellow club members. I shoved a tissue up my nose and kept on running. As you can imagine running with a plugged nose is awful. It threw off my breathing, my rhythm, my stride, everything. It was a mess. By the time I got into the last 1.5 mile stretch around the park I wanted to die. I felt like I had run twice as far as I had and for a distance runner, ten miles should be a walk in the park. HA. HAha. I didn't get back to my car until 8, which is when I was supposed to be home. I called John and told him I was on my way.
Just as I pulled into the neighborhood he called to let me know that 1) he had to leave, but the boys were in the playroom and 2) Carson had gotten up sometime between 6 & 7:00 and made pancakes all by himself. He mixed them up and scooped them onto the griddle with my little cookie scoop. John was a little annoyed since Carson woke him up early to get down the griddle, but wow. My kids are becoming so independent.
We took Sunday off (so John could catch up on sleep since he's been working conferences like mad lately) and went shopping for a new fishing pole and real for John's birthday, as well and ran to Whole Foods to get us all new glass water bottles, since we're phasing out plastic as much as possible. We came home and made fried chicken, rolls, and green beans. What a great day.
No comments:
Post a Comment