Thursday, July 26, 2012

Camp Tracy 7/25

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go to Cub Scout Camp with Carson. The theme was Jurassic Park and some of the boys really got into and took things very seriously. Carson wasn't one of those. He had a great time, but he knew enough to understand when he was being teased. They made stamped leather bracelets, did archery, slingshots, the Vol-Cavo (half volcano, half cave) found crystals in the Vol-Cavo, had a few lectures about being the best you can be (which totally bored the kids), they ate lunch, watched the counselors do skits and play guitar, had a paleontology dig, which was a HUGE hit with the boys. A couple of the 9-year old boys were even teary eyed when it was over since they hadn't uncovered anything, but thankfully Carson found a couple things. They taught the boys how to perform a flag ceremony, did an obstacle course, and then had songs etc for the closing ceremony. Carson loved having me there and always made sure I was okay and happy. He really is a sweet kid. I love getting one on one time with the boys because you see a whole other side that you don't always see when they're together. He tried to talk me into going up again today, but I wasn't needed and Landon deserves a day with me as well. I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of me with Carson. Oh well. Here's a few pictures from the day.











No comments: