Remember how I said I was doing a poor job of documenting our summer through pictures? Well, I forgot again. Yesterday I took the boys to the water park and let me tell you, every other family in the valley must've had the same idea because it was nuts! The boys had a great time anyway, even though the lines for the slides were a bit longer. We did get the last shade umbrella so I sat on my towel reading a magazine while periodically looking up to see the boys come shooting off the slides. In the afternoon they sell $1 snow cones, so with snow cones being one of my favorite things ever I had to buy them. Big mistake. Between the heat and the sugary snow cone Landon began to feel not so great. Carson wanted to stay but my mother's intuition said it was time to leave. In the car I laid a towel across Landon and told him if necessary to puke on the towel. Well, he was fine until we pulled in the driveway when he said "I have to throw up!" I yelled at him to get out and do it on the grass. Thankfully, he made it. I then took him in and he had a nice little nap and was fine afterward. I tell you what, my boys have the most sensitive stomach's ever. Where did they get that from?!
Today I had planned to stay home, but around 10ish I decided we needed to get out. I called my mom, she picked up Coen and we took the kids to the splash park. They spent more time on the scorching hot playground than in the water, but they had fun. Around noon we decided to head to my house, pack up a picnic lunch and head to Bear Park since it's wonderfully shaded. The boys spent a good couple of hours there playing with the nasty beetles, then they both headed to Andre's to swim. It turned out to be a busy day, but I was glad we didn't waste the day inside. This evening we sat on the front porch while Carson did math and Landon read to me. John is working a conference so I won't see him much until Sunday, but it's all good.
My mornings this summer have been fabulous! I wake up early and run or do squats, then I take my Kindle (or iPad) and sit on the front porch while I eat my overnight oats. The boys typically sleep in until 9-9:30 and I get to enjoy the most relaxing mornings ever. Oh how I love my front porch. I typically spend at least 3 hours a day out there. We eat out there, read out there, and just sit outside talking. I would honestly have to say that in all the remodeling we've done, the front porch was the best investment. In the evening we always take a walk. Sometimes we even let the boys watch t.v. on our bed while John and I go out alone. Oh, it's fabulous being able to leave them for short periods of time. It's unreal how old the boys are getting. We are entering new phase in life, and while I miss the baby/toddler phase, I'm loving the older phase where I get to really talk and play with the boys. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment