Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Twin Lakes

John decided to take Friday the 6th off of work to just enjoy a day with me and the boys. We had a relaxing morning, then decided to go for a hike. We've had a great summer, but I haven't been so great a documenting. We took the boys to Liberty Park the day before Father's Day to let them play in the canyons water feature, then we got snow cones and cotton candy. We've also spent a fair amount of time at the water park, with and without John. We've done some hiking, parks, lots of walks, but I just haven't sat down to put it in the blog. So boys, when you are reading this 20 years from now, just know that we did do quite a bit this summer, it's just not written down. Anyway Silver Lake was crazy busy that day...doesn't anyone work anymore? We walked right through the crowds and hiked up to Twin Lakes where we had the entire lake to ourselves for a long time. It was a bit overcast and we were all chilled up at the lake, but it did feel good. We saw plenty of fish jumping, but didn't even get a bite when we threw our spinners in. Oh well. The boys had a great time feeding the pot guts (is that how you spell it, I don't even know) and I had packed a nice picnic lunch. It was so wonderful and quiet. The boys are such great hikers.








2 comments:

Diana said...

Loved that Landon hiked without his shirt! How far of a hike is Twin Lakes? I've been to Lake Mary (is that what it's called?), but I don't think I've ever been to Twin Lakes. Is that the trail you take when walking around Silver Lake towards the north-west area?

Charley said...

How fun! Although we've never caught anything when we went fishing up there either!