The boys were both in bed around 7:30 last night and they both zonked quickly, but when I flipped on their light at 7:40 this morning they had the hardest time getting up. Carson was pretty nervous for the first day. He was nervous he wouldn't know how to do math, nervous his teacher would be mean, just the usual first day jitters. He was so excited about his new clothes however. We bought just about all of their shirts at Nordstrom Rack. They had plenty of Fox and Quicksilver shirts that Carson and Landon were so excited about, mostly because Carson had seen some other kids wearing them at school. We spent several minutes trying to get Carson's hair spiked. He has enough product in that hair to last me a month, and I guarantee that by lunchtime his hair will be flat against his head. The poor kid just doesn't have hair that works in any style other than combed to the side.
Landon was not happy he had to get up when he wasn't starting school today. He has his Kindergarten evaluation today so as the day's worn on he's become a bit happier. But man, what a little grump this morning. Tell you what, he has been a spaz lately and I sure hope he calms down by his first day or I just know we'll have issues.
In eight days I will have two boys in school and I intend to organize my house closet by closet, drawer by drawer and by Christmas it will (hopefully) be immaculate. We'll see how sidetracked I get. 2.5 hours a day isn't that much time alone, but will give me just enough to recharge.
1 comment:
I love that face Landon is making on the sidewalk. Too cute!
Post a Comment