Monday, August 27, 2012

Last Blast of Summer

 Saturday night our township did it's annual Last Blast of Summer. It's kind of a sad little festival, but big enough that the kids have a great time. Everything, other than whatever the various vendor's are selling, is free so the kids run and play and have a ball. I actually forgot to pull out the camera until it was dark, but at least I remembered before we went home. My mom didn't have anything better to do with my dad being out of town, so she joined us. There wasn't much to choose from as far as food was concerned, so we drove over the Panda for a bite, and arrived home just after fireworks were finished. Oh well.
We are so lucky to live just down the street from the park. Over the years we have spent countless hours there and the boys never tire of it. In fact we try to visit new parks, but the boys still say this park is their favorite. I'm so glad since it takes all of maybe five minutes to walk there...and even that is being generous. I love my neighborhood!






No comments: