It was a different experience for the boys because they had always gotten all of Katie and Kurt's attention, but suddenly this little tiny girl took all the attention. We had so much fun watching them take care of her. She cried, and fussed, they fed her, changed her diapers, worked hard to keep her warm...it made me want one more, while John watched them and remembered how hard infants are. Two completely different perspectives.
We all had a great time visiting, holding the baby, playing with the boys, hiking and eating. It was such a relaxing weekend. At one point I got mad at Carson over something silly. I went in the trailer to apologize and we ended up just talking for about 20 minutes. At the end of the trip I asked him what his favorite part was and he said it was the talk we had. What a sweet kid. Makes me realize maybe I need to take more time just to sit in bed and talk with him. He actually has a lot on his mind and a lot to say.
While I thought I was totally prepared since the first things I packed are the items we typically forget, I forgot to pack items that we always remember. It was frustrating to say the least. One thing I didn't pack was plates. I was thinking they were in the trailer, but apparently not, so we ate on pot lids and whatever semi flat things I could find.
John is taking Carson backpacking up to the Granddaddy Basin this weekend. It will be Carson's first backpacking trip. Eeek. I'm so excited for him. If Landon and I had the appropriate gear I think we'd tag along as well. Oh well, it'll be good for him to spend time with the "guys."
No comments:
Post a Comment