Friday, September 7, 2012

Free time!

Now that I have both kids in school I have time to myself. Funny, because I have been busier this week than I typically am. On Tuesday after taking the boys to school I booked it home, ran to the playroom and dumped out every toy bin. It was so freeing to put toys in the donation pile, or even in the trash without someone insisting it's their favorite toy and that they do in fact play with said toy all the time. I got rid of so many toys and the playroom bins are no longer overflowing with unused toys. YAY! I then cleaned the house top to bottom, which always feels so nice.
Last week my back went out after falling off a loading dock the week prior, and the muscles were so tight I could barely walk. I was in so much pain. John insisted I go in for a massage, but I felt it was a waste since I have a husband to do that for me. He wasn't helping the pain much so on Thursday he called and said to drop Landon off at Kim's because I had an appointment for a massage at 1:45. I didn't argue much and went in for my appointment. This was by far the best massage I have ever had. She worked my hips and glutes like no tomorrow and when I got off the table and could stand up straight I felt like a new woman! I followed it up with a second massage on Tuesday and it was surreal to just hop in the car and go, knowing I didn't have anyone watching my kids and didn't need to rush back. So weird.
On Wednesday I ran errands like a mad woman, picked up Landon and continued running errands.
Today I'm (finally) updating my blog and getting ready to head out camping again. Funny, because most families consider Labor Day the end of the camping season, but for us it's just the beginning. We cannot wait to get up to our secluded spot in the midst of all the beautiful leaves.
It really is strange to have two hours alone every single day. I thought I would be lonelier, and perhaps I will be as time moves on, but for now it's a great time to recharge. I have a million things I want to accomplish before next summer to get my house just where I want it. Next year I'm planning on returning to school or possibly going back to work so this year is my year and if I choose to sit around one morning and read I will not have one ounce of guilt.
While I didn't sign up for PTA I did tell the president to have anyone call me who needs help...and I've already got a request for help with a project and once the volunteer schedules are out for the classes I'll be at the school a couple mornings a week, so really, I won't have as much time alone to organize as I'd like but hey, no complaints. At least I'll get occasional time alone.
Sweet silence.

No comments: