all you have to do is look at some of these pictures to see how full of it Landon is. Glad I have a sense of humor. In the morning while getting ready Landon made it a point to tell me to get pictures of him. I thought a picture or two on the front porch, but nope. "Mom, take a picture." "Mom, take another picture...." And on it went until he said "Mom, now I have a picture of me on every step." He cracks me up. Notice a few pictures down with his friends and his back it to me, well, I had to get a picture of his back. My cute little handful has enough personality for ten kids, let alone one. I am the perfect mother to this stubborn little man. Not than I am I perfect mother, but I am more stubborn than Landon so he doesn't get away with much. I sure love my little guy.
The night before school he came in with his blanket and asked to cuddle. I told him "no" and to go back to bed. John had a softer side, and went into his bed to cuddle. Apparently Landon was feeling nervous that no one would like him at school. I felt so bad. He's so confident and outgoing that I didn't even think he might be worried about making friends.
He seemed to have a good first day but he admitted he cried a little (but no one saw) because he couldn't play with the toys. With the new curriculum these sweet little kids don't have much time to just be kids in school. Makes me feel bad. I figure I'll keep an eye on them and if necessary there's always homeschool....although now that I know how wonderful it is to send kids out the door in the morning it would be a tough transition to go back to homeschooling.
His second day of school he lost a stamp for talking and not keeping his hands to himself, but on the third day he GOT A STAMP! Yay! As a reward I told him we'd make Krispy Treats to take camping this weekend.
Now that he is off for his fourth day of school he seems happier. I walk the boys to school each day purely because I enjoy it and I love the cool mornings, but Landon has requested I NOT walk with them. He just wants to be an independent big kid. Not sure how I feel about that. He's always been independent, even when he was just a little guy. I'll walk them to school until it gets cold then I'll happily stand at the door and watch them walk to school. Yeah, I'm not one of those nice parent's who drives their kids to school, my goodness it's only two blocks and let's face it, the exercise it good for them. Besides, John and I walked to school in all weather and so can my kids. And I say that with all the love in the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment