Saturday, September 15, 2012

We're going to DISNEYLAND!!!

So guess what I bought?! NO! Not a specimen cup full of urine, but I had to put it on here. John took Carson backpacking this weekend so Landon and I spent the day at Liberty Park with my mom. There were trees dropping little pods and when the kids would smash them it would turn the water yellow. Landon was looking for something to play with and I just happened to have a clean specimen cup in my purse (don't we all carry them around?) so I gladly gave it to him, smiling when I thought of what reaction the other parent's would have when they realized what he was playing with. We ended up turning the water yellow and Landon spent a good chunk of time carrying it around while we laughed. On the way home we stopped at Redbox for a movie and when I reached into my purse, just for a split second I thought 'Why do I have pee in my purse?' I had to laugh.
To move on...I bought a new stroller. I did a little (okay A LOT) of research for a smaller stroller that could handle the boys at Disney when they are just too tired to walk. I found one with great reviews, rated for 50lbs. When I got it I immediately assembled it and began pushing Landon around and it was a dream. I can barely tell he's in there. The boys aren't even self conscious about a stroller. Five days at Disney is a lot and it's a lot of walking. A stroller just makes for happier kids, which makes for happier parent's.
We also received our tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party and boy are we excited! We have a busy day planned for our actual 10th anniversary, but it will be one we will never forget! John and I are so anxious to get going. Five whole days! Plenty of time to have fun, relax and take in the small details you typically miss when you go for one day. Wahoo!



1 comment:

Babbs said...

I so enjoy your blog! Have fun in disneyland. The boys are getting so big!