John has paid R&R between Christmas and New Year's every year and it is the perfect week for family time. John went horseback riding with a friend one day, out to a BBQ joint with another friend another day, but otherwise it was dedicated family time. John and I actually went into work to use the gym in the mornings and it was so much fun working out together. At my last doctor appointment I had only gained a pound and I was thrilled since at my first appointment my weight gain was insane! I'm trying to focus on being healthy but it's hard to see that roll of chub hang over my pants...not baby, pure 100% fat. Beautiful. Working out just makes me feel better and surprisingly helps keep the nausea away for a bit longer so it's well worth it. Anyway the day after Christmas we went in to workout and drove over a storm grate. Something happened and it came off, popped up and broke our front bumper cover. We were both a little upset but thankfully didn't let it ruin our day. As soon as John returned to work he spoke with security and insurance and they will cover it since it happened on work property. Yay! I swear these Prius' attract trouble...just ask my mom.
Anyway on Friday we took the boys bowling. $9 for three games and shoes? You bet! We opted to keep the bumpers down until the last game to really help the boys learn to bowl and by the third game they had greatly improved and they each got a strike without using the bumpers! It was so much fun! We really need to take the boys bowling more often because it we all had such a great time. Oh and that picture where I look like I'm smiling, I'm actually in the middle of saying something snotty because I'd just bombed my turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment