I didn't get as many pictures as I would've liked, but we had a great Christmas. Carson was especially excited about his Lego Figures, and Landon was just excited, although we heard him tell his friend the next day that he didn't get anything he asked for. (insert eye roll here) We did not go overboard for the boys this year and I was quite proud of ourselves. Our goal is to have boys who realize they will not always get what they want and it's easier to start now than in a few years when the bar has already been set high. We consider it successful because it was one more year where both the boys believed in Santa...and if I had to guess I'd say the last year for Carson, but we'll see. The excitement in their eyes on Christmas morning is one of the most wonderful things ever.
John and I told the boys they were not allowed to wake us up before 6am. We woke up a little after 7 and heard Carson wake up around 7:30. We heard him look down into the living room, then come in our room where we were pretending to sleep, walk over to John's side of the bed and say "Dad, it's 7:27, Santa Claus came and I'm excited so it's time to get up." So funny. We caught the usual picture of the boys in their matching jammies before they were allowed to come downstairs. I think next year I need to buy Carson pj's from the boys sections since the jammies with the bear on the front was a little young for him. He was a good sport though and told me he loved them.
We headed to my mom's around 10am for breakfast and just hung out there all day. My parent's gave us a new grill for Christmas which was the PERFECT gift since our other grill bit the dust last summer. It's so much nicer than our old grill and did such a great job of grilling our New Year's Eve pizza. We grill a lot in the warmer months so we were elated to receive such a nice gift.
The boys spent the day playing with toys and video games while I spent most of the day nauseous on the couch (see a recurring theme in my posts?) It was a wonderful, relaxing Christmas. The next day we took down our decorations and up went my Valentine stuff. It feels so nice to have an uncluttered home after having fall, then Thanksgiving, then Christmas decorations. Nice to dust without having to move so much stuff as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment