Friday, January 25, 2013

Random Update

I'll post another picture at 18 weeks but I'll have John take it this time. Last Saturday I woke up and I suddenly had this belly I couldn't suck in. I literally popped overnight. Getting my pants on was a joke and I was constantly adjusting my shirt to make sure my bare belly wasn't showing since I couldn't do up the zipper. John had had enough and we headed to Gap to buy maternity jeans since they were $35. He wanted me to buy two pairs but I was adamant on trying one before I went back for more. So far I'm happy, although I think next time I'll go for the full panel jeans. I've never worn full panel before because I thought they were hideous, but the demi panel just doesn't stay up like it should. Either way it's great to have a pair of jeans that fit.
I've had some conversations with Landon regarding the baby that I just don't want to forget.
When I eat something I enjoy I say "Oooh, the baby likes this." After I first said it Landon thought about it for a couple days and we had a conversation about the baby eating what I eat. After thinking about it I realize that he has this picture in his head of the baby chilling in my stomach, head back, mouth open, catching food in his mouth as it is falling into my stomach.
Last Saturday we had a talk about stomach acid and how, if it were to spill onto the concrete, it would burn a hole. Then we talked about how amazing it is that it doesn't harm our bodies and digests food etc.
Well, the other day he was asking why the the acid in my stomach doesn't hurt the baby. I explained that the baby wasn't actually in my stomach, then proceeded to point out where everything was inside me. He was then concerned about food dropping into my stomach and splashing acid down onto the baby. I explained the baby is well protected and would not be hurt. This kid is a thinker!
He also asks a lot of questions about the extension cord as he calls it since he can never remember umbilical cord. Yes, we have many interesting/entertaining conversations about the baby and pregnancy...one of them being that mom's do not poop out the baby, no matter what their friends tell them. Oh boy. I thought my boys were well educated on female vs. male anatomy, but apparently much of it has gone over their heads.
Carson loves to talk to the baby lately. Sometimes I'll lay down and show him where the baby is so he can feel him. He's so excited for the day he can feel the baby kick. Hopefully just a few more weeks now. He was excited to take the baby to Lake Powell this summer so he could take it on the kayak. He was a bit disappointed when we explained that we probably wouldn't go to Lake Powell, at least not me and the baby, and that even if we do he'll just be too small.
I first felt the little guy at 15 weeks, and I've felt him faintly and occasionally after, but I really have to be paying attention. With Carson and Landon I distinctly remember feeling them both flip over and then after that it seemed I could feel them all the time. I can't wait for that.
John is so happy. The bigger I get, the bigger his smile and more his face glows. He just loves it. He has been so good to me this pregnancy, not to say he wasn't great with my first two, but I think we just appreciate this one a bit more. Over his break he made the bed every morning before I had a chance to, he did all the laundry on my scheduled laundry days, and put it away. He made sure to keep things straightened up and always made sure I got to sit down when I was tired. He has been incredible. He truly is one in a million. Currently he's picking up every side job that comes his way since we are tearing apart the nursery and replacing all the carpet, plus buying baby essentials, plus we have a high deductible HSA and he doesn't want to me feel any financial stress. I just can't sing his praises enough. I love that man!
This is TMI but I think my least favorite part of being pregnant (once the morning sickness passes) is the big boobs. No, I'm not even going to put that in pc terms for you. As a runner it's just easier not to have 'em. Typically I don't have to worry too much about sports bras and all that extra support, but lately? I run and OUCH! I have always had so much sympathy for runner's who were more well-endowed than me and now I'm glad I did since I am experiencing it firsthand. I'm scared to see what I'll look like once I start breastfeeding. Ouchie, ouch ouch.
Otherwise everything is good. No news is good news right? I have my anatomy scan in a couple weeks and I cannot wait to see the little guy again.


No comments: